James (Jay) R. Walsh
Mr. Walsh is a founding partner of Liff, Walsh & Simmons and currently serves as the firm's Managing Partner. He is the director of the firm’s Business and Finance practices and a member of the firm's Real Estate and Civil Litigation practice groups. He represents clients in all aspects of business, finance and real estate projects, including contract negotiations, financing, construction, leasing, and entity structuring and organization. Mr. Walsh's clients include businesses, investors, land owners, real estate developers, brokers, buyers, and sellers as well as community and regional banks. Mr. Walsh regularly negotiates and documents real estate acquisition, construction, permanent, commercial and asset-based loans on behalf of lenders as well as borrowers. He also counsels businesses on mergers and acquisitions, employment, contractual, business disputes, commercial litigation and general business matters. Mr. Walsh has been recognized as a 2014 - 2018 Super Lawyers "Rising Star" in Real Estate. In addition to his law practice, Mr. Walsh is the President of Eagle Title, LLC, the firm's affiliated title company, overseeing both the commercial and residential divisions.
Mr. Walsh graduated from the University of Maryland and subsequently obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law. Mr. Walsh started his legal career during law school as a law clerk to the Honorable Marvin Mandel.
Mr. Walsh currently lives in Anne Arundel County with his family, and is an active supporter of many Annapolis based charities, including the Building Traditions Society of the Anne Arundel Medical Center Foundation. He serves on the Board of Governors of the Annapolis Touchdown Club, and the Board of Directors of Warrior Events, an organization supporting and honoring veterans in the community.
- Represented lender in providing two line of credit facilities to a manufacturing company with an aggregate loan amount of $25,000,000.
- Represented lender in providing an accounts receivable based line of credit to a manufacturing company in the amount of $10,000,000.
- Represented lender in providing financing for the development and construction loan secured by a 900 acre waterfront golf course.
- Represented lender in providing financing for improvements to 500 slip marina.
- Represented private equity firm in acquisition in the acquisition of a 125 slip marina, including both the real estate and all assets of the operating company.
- Represented private equity firm in acquiring the assets of a government contractor through a sale under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Represented tenant relative to lease negotiations for multiple locations for a large urgent care practice.
- Represented seller in sale of $6,000,000 multi story office building.
- Represented seller in sale of $7,000,000 contractor business to major lender backed mezzanine financed buyer, including negotiation of an employment agreement and stock option package for seller.
- Represented restaurant group in the development and construction of a $4,500,000 restaurant, including negotiation of a ground lease as well as construction and development financing.
- Represented developer and restaurant group in $4,000,000 development of 10,000 square foot restaurant located in a marquis building in downtown Baltimore.
- Represented buyer and developer in the development and construction of a medical office building, including negotiations with the department of planning and zoning.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Maryland (B.S., 2005)
- Anne Arundel Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association