Non-Exempt / Full Time
Fast paced, growing law firm seeks a paralegal to provide legal and administrative support to firm partners who have responsibility over commercial business, finance and real estate transactions. The position involves displaying initiative, good judgment, professionalism, follow-through on different assignments and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. The job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Prepare and format initial drafts of contracts, legal research and correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation of loan documents, purchase agreements, deeds, and other conveyance documents, easements, general agreements and
- Assist with the closings of mergers and acquisitions and other business
- Apply analytical skills to identify and assist in resolving issues; proactively suggest appropriate solutions and recommendations to enhance final work
- Maintain corporate client records, files and
- Review title reports, surveys and organizational
- Prepare corporate documents for entity formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability
- Conduct legal research. Analyze and compile data and information and write reports regarding findings.
- Engage in direct communication with clients with respect to client intake and information gathering.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and appointments for all parties involved, including lenders, attorneys, title companies and brokers.
- Draft engagement letters and assist with client invoicing and expense recovery.
- Manage and organize client files in electronic database and paper / original file system from opening through closing of files.
- Provide paralegal support, perform other paralegal duties and complete special projects and other related duties as
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience.
- At least two years of prior experience as a legal support staff or paralegal.
- Working knowledge and competency with various case management software platforms.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Legal research and investigation skills.
- Ability to follow direction and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF creator and editor.
- Adept using Microsoft Office 365 suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential
- High level of initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Positive, pro-active, professional
- References and background check are
This is a terrific opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented, entrepreneurial law firm located in Annapolis, MD. The Paralegal position is a full-time position with benefits competitive with those of similar sized professional services firms. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to careers@LiffWalsh.com.