Job Title: Paralegal - Commercial, Business, Finance, Real Estate
- Prepare and format initial drafts of contracts, legal research and correspondence.
- Assist in the preparation of loan documents, purchase agreements, deeds, and other conveyance documents, easements, general agreements and contracts.
- Assist with the closings of mergers and acquisitions and other business
- Apply analytical skills to identify and assist in resolving issues; proactively suggest appropriate solutions and recommendations to enhance final work product.
- Maintain corporate client records, files and policies.
- Review title reports, surveys and organizational documents.
- Prepare corporate documents for entity formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Conduct legal research. Analyze and compile data and information and write reports regarding findings.
- Engage in direct communication with clients with respect to client intake and information gathering.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and appointments for all parties involved, including lenders, attorneys, title companies and brokers.
- Draft engagement letters and assist with client invoicing and expense recovery.
- Manage and organize client files in electronic database and paper / original file system from opening through closing of files.
- Provide paralegal support, perform other paralegal duties and complete special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, or a combination of education and/or experience.
- At least two years of prior experience as a legal support staff or paralegal.
- Working knowledge and competency with various case management software platforms.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Legal research and investigation skills.
- Ability to follow direction and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF creator and editor.
- Adept using Microsoft Office 365 suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
- High level of initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Positive, pro-active, professional attitude.
- References and background check are required.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented, entrepreneurial law firm located in Annapolis, MD. The Paralegal position is a full-time position with benefits competitive with those of similar sized professional services firms. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to careers@LiffWalsh.com.