A fast-growing law firm and title company is seeking a highly motivated Controller. The successful candidate will direct the financial and accounting operations of both companies including financial reporting, budgeting, planning, and other financial matters. This is a terrific career opportunity to join a value-centric, team-oriented company. The Controller is a full-time, in-office position with competitive benefits. Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Works with CFO to assist with the company’s financial planning, budgeting, cash flow management, projections and investment activities.
- Manages the tax return process for both companies and the company owners’ personal tax returns as needed.
- Responsible for the timeliness, completeness and accuracy of the accounting team’s work.
- Responsible for developing and implementing training as necessary to improve the efficiency, knowledge base and performance of the accounting team.
- Constantly assesses the current accounting operations; recommends and implements process improvements.
- Maintains knowledge of organizational procedures, federal and state regulations, and accounting standards. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government licensing and other requirements.
- Oversees the daily operations and processes of the Accounting Department to ensure the accuracy and completeness of company financial statements.
- Oversees the payroll process to ensure that payroll is submitted timely and accurately.
- Oversees the accounts receivable of the law firm and accounts payable processes, including working with customers and vendors to resolve issues as necessary.
- Oversees that all bank reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that internal accounting controls and policies are followed and works with the CFO to make improvements to internal controls as necessary.
- Ensures that all daily accounting and journal entries are made timely and accurately.
- Ensures that the month end close is completed timely and accurately.
- Oversees the review and distribution of all financial statements, activity reports, financial forecasts and budgets for both companies as well as Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and operational metric reporting.
- Analyzes financial details from past, present, and forecasted operations; identifies improvements that can be made.
- Ensures that all reports are completed accurately and distributed timely to the management team.
- Works with the CFO to develop and expand the reporting as necessary.
- In conjunction with the CFO, reviews financial and KPI reporting with department managers throughout the year to identify where financial and operational improvements can be made.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally accurate math and accounting skills
- Independently motivated with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Office Suite, and the ability to learn industry specific accounting software
- Familiarity with QuickBooks not required but preferred
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years or more of related experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant designation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.