We're hiring a Director of Human Resources for Liff, Walsh & Simmons / Eagle Title.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the executive management team, develop and consistently implement personnel policies for all employees.
- Advise management on employee relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, talent acquisitions, and legal compliance issues.
- Manage recruitment efforts, including finding a strong pool of candidates, conducting phone screens, and coordinating interviews.
- Ensure that job postings are written and disseminated so that they attract as wide a target audience as possible, including being posted on various platforms including ZipRecruiter, Indeed, our company websites, and other social media pages.
- Oversee the onboarding process so that offer letters, new hire paperwork, benefits paperwork, and overall personnel onboarding and orientations are carried out as timely, accurately, and thoroughly as possible.
- Coordinate and maintain employee training and development courses and records. This includes working with supervisors for each department to develop and implement initial and ongoing training programs and helping to establish and maintain coordinated leadership training for all managers and team leads.
- Develop a process and execution strategy for the training of new hires and existing employees on all human resources processes, programs, policies and information systems.
- Coordinate, audit, and partake in all performance appraisals; meet with supervisors to discuss each of their employee evaluations and required follow up.
- In conjunction with supervisors, handle employee relations counseling, discipline and terminations; conducts employee investigations when needed and ensure that proper documentation regarding the counseling, discipline and terminations are accurate and properly filed.
- In coordination with the Director of Marketing, develop and implement an “internal marketing” program to ensure that the core values and brand promises are consistently communicated and practiced, and that morale and employee well-being are consistently focused on.
- Manage all benefits administration to ensure that company-provided benefits (medical benefits, 401k benefits, etc.) are explained to new and current employees and enrollment paperwork is provided to employees and submitted to our benefits provider in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the completion and filing of unemployment claims, and attend unemployment hearings when needed.
- Provide guidance and clarification on human resources policies to all executive management, supervisors and employees and assist supervisors in the implementation of human resources policies and best practices.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure that all department records and reports and all personnel records are properly established and maintained in a timely and accurate manner.
- Plan and execute other human resources-related assignments, tasks, and special projects as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2-4 years minimum experience in a related human resources role.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human resources-related field of study preferred.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing employment.
- Ability to conduct investigations, train and develop staff; and maintain documentation in an organized manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; Proactive approach when working with others.
- Excellent organizational skills; and great attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work independently in ambiguity.
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong working relationships with fellow human resources team members and internal and external customers.
- MS Office proficient – including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented law firm and title company that are both currently undergoing substantial growth. The Director of Marketing position is a full-time, in-office position with very competitive compensation and benefits. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with resume to careers@LiffWalsh.com.