Associate Attorney – Estate Planning & Administration
Fast paced, growing law firm seeks an Associate Attorney to provide legal support to the Estate Planning and Estate Administration group. The position involves displaying initiative, good judgment, professionalism, follow-through on different assignments and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines with a keen sense of detail. The job responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Represent the firm and provide expert legal guidance on various estate planning matters, including drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other estate planning documents.
- Provide legal advice related to tax implications of different estate planning strategies.
- Prepare and format initial drafts of estate administration filings, including petitions, inventories, accountings, final reports, and fiduciary accountings.
- Advise clients on asset distribution after death.
- Prepare documents relating to the identification, collection, and valuation of assets.
- Apply analytical skills to identify and assist in resolving issues; proactively suggest appropriate solutions and recommendations to enhance the final work product.
- Maintain client records, files and policies.
- Conduct legal research. Analyze and compile data and information and write reports regarding findings.
- Engage in direct communication with clients with respect to client intake, information gathering and administration.
- Draft engagement letters and assist with client invoicing and expense recovery.
- Provide legal research, drafting and reviewing support.
- Complete special projects and other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent legal research and investigation skills.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Complete discretion and ability to work with confidential information.
- Knowledge of legal research, writing and background.
- Completion of Juris Doctor program.
- Working knowledge and competency with various case management software platforms.
- Ability to prepare memos and decisions.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize workload and assignments.
- Proficiency using Adobe PDF creator and editor.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office 365 products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Positive, proactive, and professional.
- References and background checks are required.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a growing, team-oriented company. The Associate Attorney for Estate Planning & Administration is a full-time, in office position with competitive benefits. Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.