Estate Planning / Administration Paralegal
Great opportunity for an experienced Estate Planning/Administration Paralegal to join Annapolis, MD based firm. The successful candidate will be working closely with clients and our attorneys to draft estate planning documents and to assist with the administration of probate and trust estates.
The position’s objectives include ensuring the provision of effective, high-level client service, increasing the practice group’s efficiencies and productivity, and facilitating timely communication among the firm’s stakeholders.
Duties will include the following:
- Preparation of estate planning documents (Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Medical Directives).
- Preparation of estate administration filings (petitions, inventories, accountings, final reports, fiduciary accountings).
- Preparation of documents relating to asset identification, collection, and valuation.
- Direct communication with clients with respect to client intake and information gathering.
- Maintenance of workflow management software.
- Completion of other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the area of estate planning or estate administration (both are preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger planning team.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates a strong level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and practice management billing software.