Liff, Walsh & Simmons, a fast-paced and growing business law firm in Annapolis, Maryland, seeks an experienced Legal Assistant/Administrative Assistant to join our firm. The position involves displaying initiative, good judgement, professionalism, follow-through on different assignments and the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling and coordinating appointments for attorneys and communicating with clients, court clerks, and agency staff.
- Managing attorney’s calendars regarding applicable court and agency trials, hearings, meetings, and deadlines.
- Create preliminary drafts of documents, memos, forms and letters.
- Handle mailing, filing and scanning tasks as required.
- Assist in filing applications for administrative approvals.
- Coordinate filing of applications, notices, and appeals with local and state government clerks.
- Draft engagement letters and assist with client invoicing and expense recovery.
- Manage and organize client files in electronic database and paper / original file system from opening through closing of files.
- Provide administrative support where needed in the firm to cover support gaps due to vacations and absences and complete special projects when available.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least one to three years of prior experience as a legal assistant or administrative assistant
- Adept using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, excelling at stress free productivity
- High level of initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Positive, pro-active, professional attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
This is a terrific opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented, entrepreneurial law firm located in Annapolis, MD. This position is a full-time, in-office position with benefits competitive with those of similar-sized professional services firms. Interested candidates should submit resume to careers@LiffWalsh.com.